Sunday, February 17, 2008

Poems

God's been with me all of my life,
although my heart has often strayed.
I am forever grateful for His love and
for my debt His Son has paid!

He's worthy of all my praise and
I trust Him with all of my heart.
When I live like it's "not about me",
My song is 'How Great Thou Art'.

I want to follow only His path
because He knows what's best for me.
Many signs are along life's road
but it's His direction I long to see.

I know He'll never lead me
where He's not by my side.
I'm stubborn and headstrong,
yet He forgives my sinful pride.

-Mary
3-30-06



Lord,
When I'm sad, you gently wipe my tears away.
When I'm anxious, you calm my fears and forgive my distrust.
When I'm lonely, "I'll never leave you", I hear you say.
When I stumble, you never look at me in disgust.

When I'm scared, you hold me close to you.
When I'm stubborn, you show me how to obey.
When I'm discouraged, you always see me through.
When I'm bewildered, you gently lead the way.

Though I'm hopelessly flawed and unfaithful,
You still desire me as your friend.
Why do you love me so?
That, I will never fully comprehend.

Thank you, Jesus!
Mary
4-5-06


Everything I Need

When in darkness,
you are my light.

When I'm lost,
you are my compass.

When I'm weary,
you are my strength.

When I'm depressed,
you are my joy.

When I'm lonely,
you are with me.

When I want to talk,
you are listening.

When I’m cold,
you are a crackling fire.

When life's too loud,
you are my silence.

When nobody sees me,
your eyes are watching.

When I'm sad,
you are my happiness.

When everyone forgets me,
I'm on your mind.

When I’m confused,
you are my understanding.

You'll never leave me or forsake me.
Thank you for loving me, Lord!
~Mary 4-20-06


No comments: