Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle

This quote was on my calendar and the Lord used it to remind me of a couple things.

First, I need to be sharing the light of Jesus that is within me to a lost world. This weekend Kevin preached a message on The Lost World. He read a quote by Charles Spurgeon that always breaks my heart, " Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ, if sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies; and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay, and not madly to destroy themselves. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for." People are headed to an eternity without God. I MUST speak up and warn them.

The other thing that came to my mind was that I need to look for ways to lighten the lives of my brothers and sisters in Christ. One way I can do this is to encourage them and build them up. Words have a big impact on others. I want mine to bless and not tear down. It encourages me when someone says they are praying for me or that they see Christ working in my life.

"Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." Hebrews 10:24-25

I want to use my candle to bring light to the lost and to help the found keep burning brightly.







No comments: